Broccoli Salad

I am always looking for ways to include vegetables that haven't been cooked so they retain their natural goodness.  You can always eat them straight up but some times you need a little extra "goodness" to go along with the veggies besides a dip.  This is an old standby for church suppers or pot-luck dinners but it was recently unknown to me. Now that I have found it, I make it often.

3 clusters fresh broccoli florets (no stems)
6-8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1/2 small red onion, finely diced
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 cup sunflower kernels

DRESSING:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 -1/2 cup sugar (to taste)
2 tbsp white vinegar

In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients; stir until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until chilled and sugar is dissolved. In a bowl, combine the broccoli, bacon, onion, raisins and sunflower kernels. Pour dressing over broccoli mixture, toss and serve.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts